Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

surrender/control

Well, I agree with your statement, so maybe you don't completely
disagree with me after all. (Please feel free to disagree with what I
said -- as you've seen I'm quite willing to say things I don't agree
with.)

Maybe the attitude you call "surrender" lives at the crux between
control and passivity. What sort of sentences would be used to talk
about what happens with that attitude?

Describing passivity, a person might say "These things have happened
to me." Describing control, a person might say "I've made these
things happen." Describing surrender to my mind it seems more
complicated, because the person in this frame of mind is definitely
doing things, but these things are not chosen as carefully as they are
in the state of control, nor is the person completely in
pure-response mode as you might find in the state of passivity.

Actually, maybe things only really HAPPEN in this state you are
calling "surrender". That seems interesting. I think the term "stream
of consciousness" describes how this state works in writing or
speaking. But in some sense all writing is "stream of consciousness",
even if that consciousness is coming from contemplating an outline or
whatever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.