Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Re: math!

Monday, no can do: just checked, I don't get back until next Tuesday
afternoon.

The closest thing I've found to the language project I have in mind so
far is: http://www.blissymbolics.org/downloads/bliss-rules.pdf (and
other Bliss material).

My thought is to make a somewhat similar pictoral language, but
updated for the computer age. Why use only simple line drawings when
nice pictures could be used? The goal would be to make the language
"readable" directly from immersion (and not much of that needed); a
language for writing "wordless comics", or some kind of super "icon
art". Sounds and moving images might eventually be included as well,
to facilitate amateur "Waking Life" type movies.

A math book in this language would be a tremendous start.

My direct background in linguistics isn't anything special, but my
interest runs deep. I have a lot of experience with computers, math,
and thinking about how to represent the semantics of math on
computers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.