Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Re: visit

10AM Friday should work for me.

The nature of the question: I have been thinking about a certain
mathematical system, and I am curious to know whether it has been
studied before and what might be said about it.

Specifically, I'm considering sets of Things, some of which may be
Triples (A, B, C) where A, B, and C are Things. You could think of
this is a specific family of directed labeled graphs (V, E) where e in
E implies e in V. However, it seems more geometrically intuitive to
think of Triples as triangles, but allow any triangle to have any
vertex be a triangle. Sort of like a simplicial complex, but with
recursion.

I'm interested in applying these systems to build semantic models
e.g. with triples like (cat, is a, mammal), (cat, eats, mice).
However, I want to be sure to understand the system thoroughly on
formal terms first. Including, how "expressive" is the system?

Other than than -- I'm interested in mathematical logic but haven't
studied it formally, so I thought I would ask you a few questions
about your course...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.