Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Re: getting in touch/visiting again

I'd really like to see the rest of the Things/Triples/Theories program
go live. This seems like a point of overlap in our current interests;
based on our conversations, I'm guessing it involves a fundamental
enhancement to Elephant, though I don't yet know of what scope. I'm
also guessing that there would be some very cool applications, at
least around PlanetMath, and that, if you'd like, we could co-author a
pretty nice paper about the results (see my draft of "Arxana" [1]).

Longer term: I can't think of any better place for me to study
computer science than MIT. If I could find a way to visit, say for a
month (or possibly a semester), think I'd be able to figure out
whether there is a chance of me being admitted, and if so, where I'd
fit in best. (By the way, looking at Henry Lieberman's webpage, I do
see numerous points of common interest. I also corresponded briefly
with Marvin Minsky about my projects several years ago; it would
certainly be interesting to talk again now that things are more
developed.)

I'm hoping these things can be attempted this year. There would, for
sure, be a variety of challenging arrangements to make on my end.

In the mean time I will patiently await Elephant-related mail from
you, and will attempt to revise my paper, thinking more about formal
aspects of the system and other systems with "triples".

[1]: http://planetmath.cc.vt.edu/~jcorneli/regression.pdf

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.