Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

hi, with math question

Vic: I have been living in Minneapolis for a few years but haven't
stopped by the math department to say hi. I would be happy to do so.
Anyway, I went to MathFest this summer and it rekindled my interest in
doing math research, as opposed to the weird computer science,
metamath, and culture of mathematics combo I've gotten into. As part
of that sort of work, I've encountered about a mathematical structure
I wanted to see if you could say anything about.

The basic structures are made of Things and Triples, where Triples are
ordered triples of Things, and are themselves Things. Triples
represent directed edges -- but unlike in standard graph theory, you
could have an edge or a node that is also Triple, so there is some
recursion.

Really, I think the model has something to do with logic; but I don't
know precisely who to talk to about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.