Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Re: typing

I got 85 WPM on average over four trials with different styles of
typing (straight prose, copying, cut-up, creative expression).

The samples are as follows (a few typos were corrected afterwards, I
suppose that might be considered cheating, but that's how I like to do
it):

how many words can I type in one minute, I guess that depends
on what sorts of words they are if you ask me for
supercalifragilistic that will certainly throw things
off a little bit but you wouldn't expect every word to be
short or anything either. Probably this should be done
with some standard list of words to type. Indeed, thinking
about what to type probably takes more time than reading
whatever it was on the screen.

well here I am typing because I'm applying for a library
job and I'm trying to find out how many words per minute I can type
because it asks that on the application. I didn't have any idea how
one would go about finding out such a thing until I found my aunt's tomato
timer sitting on top of the cinnamon can -- empty cinnamon can -- and
low and behold it works, so I found it up and here I am waiting for
the ding, still waiting, come on now, any

Well here I am typing because I'm applying for a library how many
words can I type in one minute, I guess that depends because it asks
that on the application. I didn't have any idea how off a little bit
but you wouldn't expect every word to be timer sitting on top of the
cinnamon can -- empty cinnamon can -- and with some standard list of
words to type. Indeed, thinking low and behold.

OK, one more sample this time I am going to describe my walk home.
I saw a tree and a house and the tree had a slice cut out of it
and that was in front of the house. I saw an old lady crossing the
road and a young man driving a car. They were friends and the
young man hit the old lady lightly with the bumper, just a love tap
really, but she splattered like a rotten tomato all over my utility
kilt! Gross! I am going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.