Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Monday, August 13, 2007

one's own view

Thanks for the reference. I've read one other book by E. M. Forster
("The Machine Stops") which is a direct precursor to "THX 1138" and a
bunch of other (literally) underground science fiction (e.g. "The
Matrix", "The Penultimate Truth").

I'm currently about half-way through reading the published works
Willam Burroughs. I wonder what could be done with a cut-up of
Forster and Woolf -- certainly something.

I do wonder about the ability of the human animal (along with all of
the associated technological extensions) to create events. Burroughs
of course is big into this idea. On the other hand, if you write
something sufficiently vague, it is bound to look "prophetic" at some
point in time. (Don't get me wrong, I think he really is a masterful
writer... but being a writer of events is something different,
certainly more "sinister" if it isn't downright scary.)

Mostly it seems to take a lot of care at the right times. I can
indeed cook a decent meal and I've had some luck with a garden. But
to cook up what I "really want" out of life is certainly more
complicated. So in the mean time I try to appreciate simpler things.

I hope you get meteors and storms even if it is a long-shot (funny, I
was just talking about how carrying a cell phone could be handy in
case you spotted a meteor falling... in the back of my head was
Superman or Supreme, however; I didn't say anything about that just
then -- I'm a bit off standard comics these days).

What do you teach?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.