Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

92

92 days left on my lease
92 days left in which to listen and learn to listen to myself.
92 days left which could end in celebration
92 days in which I have to earn my keep
92 days in which I can go for a walk
92 days that can end in sleep.

Right now I'm feeling somewhat fatigued, recovering from
or just suffering from, a cold. I feel like doing work amounts
to reaching "out of" something sluggish; but I also feel,
having had a nice cup of tea, a sense of excitement, too,
and excitement isn't sluggish, so there is something there
to reach to.

I wonder about setting up a schedule, but I also think that
when I'm sick probably isn't the time. I can go out, though,
and try to shake myself up some.

I'm somewhat proud of my "writing the contours of my life",
but I know that a mere collection of snippets isn't adequate
to such writing. Listening to this lecture by
Zizek makes me think that writing a mere collection of
snippets is cynical:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2530392910118230001
and that going beyond it towards something more special
is a much better idea.

I like the idea of working despite being zoned out.
Working on PlanetMath stuff could be fun to do in
this modality, even. I do want to get these little
essays on "transparency" finished up and circulated
soon -- so I can go on to other more "routine"
tasks. As for Arxana tasks - it's interesting because
my energy doesn't want to conform to either
setting up a good programming environment under
OS X or installing Linux, even though these both
seem like reasonable activities. I was reflecting
this morning that using the server provides me
with everything I need in terms of basics for Lisp,
and it is a good motivating place to do things like
work on an HTML presentation of some of the
work -- and besides, a lot of the programming I
want to do will be Emacs, so I don't need to upload
new Lisp code at every juncture. It makes me a
little nervous, thinking about doing programming
over the connection, but I think that's irrational,
and it would save me the trouble of installing
Linux (until later -- I should probably do that
soon) or figuring out how to make the program
work on this OS X (which again seems worth
doing at some point).

I have yet to look at the printouts of my "plan" --
maybe that would be a good place to start
the next phase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.