Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

things/plans

I do have a lot going on, but it doesn't all always "go"
simultaneously. Some of the stuff, if it goes at all, that's a
pleasant surprise -- other stuff seems like it will inevitably be a
success if I put in enough time.

Anyway, I like having a few different things to work on in case any of
the items get stuck -- e.g. I was relying on help from a Media Lab guy
who practically disappeared when school got going. I may have to go
track him down in person to get any more help from him before next
summer (and going to visit him is a good excuse to visit the media
lab). The other locale I want to get to is Bloomington, Indiana, to
visit the Editors of a relatively new book "Understanding Knowledge as
a Commons".

Florida seems like a not-unrealistic possibility for sometime this
year -- I get together a few times a year with Aaron Krowne who lives
in Atlanta. Next time I talk to him I'll see what his schedule is
looking like. (My main career goal at present is to shake myself
loose of my local side-job so I can travel way more...)

FYI, my sister is currently on staff for a program called Philosophy
Talk, out of San Fransisco -- this Sunday at 10 AM Pacific the show is
on "Mathematics and the Mind". Will be streamed here:

http://www.kalw.org/listen.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.