Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Re: what makes Arxana special?

Here's what I said to Ian:

http://gathatoulie.blogspot.com/2007/09/re-semantic-hypertext.html

By doing some research after phrasing my questions, I learned more
about what was going on... and if you read that link, you'll see, you
and I seem to agree on just about every point...!

I do kind of wonder why I was so clueless about relative ubiquity of
meta-statements. Perhaps because these really are not a big part of
the standard "semantic network" theories one learns about in school?

One idea for a somewhat complicated application is in the note above
("Building, maintaining, and interacting with learning resources");
something simpler and immediately fun would definitely be cool.

The business of coding things up for Arxana is still a matter of
figuring out what backend to use to store the triples. Maybe tomorrow
we'll work out some SQL backend -- my favorite is still the Elephant
front-end to Berkeley DB for Lisp, but some details in the interface
are still missing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.