Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

never could stand that dog

So I was talking with my aunt and she asked me, what makes you
happy? -- and how can you extend that into relationships?

The first thing that came to mind was "hacking" (or any kind of
detailed, engaged, thoughtful problem-solving behaviour).
Since I already like doing this with other people, one rather obvious
idea would be to do it in groups, i.e. social settings. The point is,
by default most popular social activities are completely disjoint from
hacking behaviour -- theatre and films and watching sports and so
forth -- which isn't meant as a strong value judgement, just a
starting point...

In particular, this doesn't mean that I dislike "culture"; I think
there's something about the flow of life within dramatic situations,
or within casual social groupings, that is, or can be, hackish.
(E.g. Oscar Wilde's plays are typically so *clever*...)

And I think I would be leaving something important off of my
list if I didn't include things like "dreaming" or investigating
intuitive combinations of things. But I'm not so sure I feel
*most* at ease in cultural situations -- especially given that
they all have a life-cycle. ("How much is he going to kill me
for accompanying you to the theatre...?")

My idea was to write a second page of my famous "Wall
Chart" (http://metameso.org/~joe/docs/wall-chart.pdf) including
some more personal reflections. My aunt suggested that
"happiness" could have it's own page, and e.g. Fear, Surprise,
Sadness, etc., wouldn't need such huge developments.
Still, they're there, so maybe start, imagining each will take
1/12th of a page -- and then make an annex for "happiness"
if it really takes off?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.