Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

it adds up

Celebrating over a thousand postings in google groups since 2006:
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=JP69ABcAAAB1eD6iNAFENfVIrzauVqeaHqZiDvCVswhrZ6TQxKj0ww
(thanks to John McLear for generally pointing this out to me, and
demonstrating the use of these google group profiles for social
networking).

Moral of the story... well, I'm not sure; it's a lot mileage on the fingers
for one thing. I guess my question is whether I can or will pick up the
pace in the coming lustrum. My *guess* is yes, but what does/will
that mean?

* Trying to be social
* Trying to organize things
* Trying to get code to compile...
* Enjoying the act of writing and/or listening to myself talk

Of course, this sort of engagement doesn't "count" (who's counting?)
but my guess is that in another way, it counts more than one might think.
Besides, it keeps me from annoying my friends with a continual onslaught of
annoying email (ha ha, yeah right -- really, you guys are too forgiving!).
In this world in which "there's an app for that", I wonder if people will
still remember that "IT'S USENET OUT THERE"

(http://identi.ca/conversation/24182189).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.