Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

spectres of capitalism

"A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of communism."
-- http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1848/communist-manifesto/ch01.htm

Perhaps it is time to consider a sort of reversal of the above axiom:

"The World is presently haunted by the spectres of capitalism."

In any case, such an idea may be useful as the basis of a 3D game
entitled "PacMan 2010".

To make this more clear:

PacMan 2010 : Welltris :: PacMan : Tetris

Note in particular the Hammer and Sickle appearing centrally in the
cover art for Welltris:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welltris

Here's PacMan interviewed:

Question: What's life like in the 3-torus?

Answer: Comparing the 3-torus to the 2-torus is sort of like comparing
the Internet to books. The higher dimensionality means it is easier
to get lost, but somewhat harder to get cornered. You know what
Hamlet said, "I could live in a walnut shell and feel like the king of
the universe. The real problem is that I have bad dreams." That's how
I feel sometimes, too. I mean, I know they say I'm crazy... but you'd
go crazy too if you were locked in here with those ghosts! No, I'm
just kidding. But seriously, it's a continual struggle just to stay alive.

> 3:14 PM me: i've done my best to create a derridian pac-mashup
>   communism is being chased by the spectre of the dollar [0]

[0]: "· · · · · ✺ · · · ·☭ $"

1 comments:

arided said...

http://home.comcast.net/~jpittman2/pacman/pacmandossier.html

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.