Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

flows

I don't know why my existence feels so threatened at times.
(Heidegger said: "Fear is the feeling one feels when one's
life is threatened. Anxiety is the feeling one feels when one's
existence is threatened.") I think it helps a bit to have some
of the flows which would otherwise circulate in my mind go
out, either linearly or "over the network".

I've found that it is fairly effective (as popular wisdom has
expressed) to "hook" one activity into another to create new
habits. The latest example I have in mind is to actually
write something about each of several projects that I *think*
about so often -- I made a page for that.

http://metameso.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/joe%27s_alt_research

This is part of my philosophy of writing in general. If I'm
going to be thinking in words, the idea goes, I might as
well write those words down. Maybe after a while (thanks
to Grice's maxim or otherwise) I'll start thinking some new
words.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.