Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Friday, October 23, 2009

what's real?

I made the odd gesture of asking YouTube what it thought
was real, and it came up with a 2005 National Geographic
documentary on the supernatural. After watching all five
portions of the episode, I got to this comment:

"I thought it would be pretty cool to believe in something like that
but I guess their [sic] full of crap"

Nicely put. Lately I have been Jonesing for info by skeptics
and cultbusters... perhaps because I really want to cut to
the non-mystical chase in my own "philosophical" work.

After maybe half a decade being interested in e.g. "magick",
(but with zero interest or belief in in "the supernatural") I
feel that somehow the "push" should be coming to "shove".
Not quite sure what that means, but I certainly would
prefer it if I wasn't walking around disappointed in something
that never existed in the first place. It seems to me that,
for example, there is a huge difference between stuff like
"binding" of mind and body, and woo-woo stuff like prana...

FWIW

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.