Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

travel trip: day 1, remembering silent camaraderie

Are my "social" frustrations actually a mis-directed expression of
"work" or "learning" difficulties? It's interesting to imagine what
things would look/feel like if I felt my work was going swimmingly. I
do hope to learn a lot this week! -- maybe getting over the next major
hill workwise.

But I'm also thinking that there is something that feel almost
strictly "social" about the way people (can sometimes) spend time
together. I remember thinking of the college library as space of
"silent camaraderie", for example. Why did I feel like we were "all
in it together"? Maybe because in college there is a natural 3rd
party ("the college") to triangulate with -- whereas a collection of
independent researchers will typically all be triangulating against
landmarks related to their own fields, disciplines, or hobby-horses.
It's chaos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.