Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

caffeine, work, and society

Contrary to my custom,
I had a strong cup of coffee
this afternoon, and, today
being a Sunday, there's
really no one around.

I'm so much enjoying
"getting back to work" after
the most recent set and
series of breaks, but I'm
noticing that along with
work (at least, when
under the influence of
caffeine), I feel a fidgity
inclination to *socialize*.

Maybe, you know, talk
with some people about
what I'm working on (for
example), and solve some
of the problems together.

Well, I've noticed that,
historically, I've only
tended to post to my
blog when I'm feeling
"lonely". But in fact,
I don't know if it's
loneliness, or merely
a drive to socialize,
perhaps driven mostly
by "nervous energy".

It is hard, but perhaps not
impossible, to drive
this energy into "work".
I'm trying to calm down
with some mint tea,
cheese and crackers,
maybe a little accordion
music...

Lately I'm trying this
new thing out: looking
at the different things I
do as all being of *some*
value, and just trying to
understand a bit better
what that value is. And
not immediately judging
or downgrading the value
of XYZ classes of activities
out of historical prejudice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.