Gathatoulie

And of these shall I speak to those eager, That quality of wisdom that all the wise wish And call creative qualities And good creation of the mind The all-powerful truth Truly and that more & better ways are discovered Towards perfection --Zarathustra.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

stolen girl

«Yeah. I was working in construction at the time, and it was the
winter, I had forgotten to hang my jeans up to dry overnight, so when
I got into the bathroom to shower up, I noticed my jeans were still on
the floor, soaking wet, covered in sand. So I hung them up thinking
well, it's probably best to have them steaming hot and wet. I went to
shave, and it was snowing, and I really, really didn't want to go. So
I started talking to myself in the mirror as I was shaving up. And it
was weird, because I looked deeper in the mirror, and I could see the
little caption on the door behind, and I said to myself, Look, David,
there's just me and you in here. The door's locked. We don't have to
go to work. Of course we did. Got on the motorbike, and I just started
pondering as I skated my way to the construction site on this
motorbike. And that's how it started. It was thinking about how
self-involvement turns into narcissism and how narcissism turns into
isolation, and then how isolation turns into self-involvement again,
and how what a vicious cycle that can become. So then I just started
thinking about different situations where people would ostensibly look
like they were doing something, but in fact they were checking their
own reflection out. And you'd see it perhaps on Saturday afternoon
with people window shopping, half the time they're actually just
looking at their own reflection. Then this restaurant opened, and it
was a big deal at the time because it had glass tables, and I was
like, oh, you can watch yourself.» -- David Wakeling

and http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/102000/Stolen-girl--102217.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

words cut, pasted, and otherwise munged by joe corneli otherwise known as arided.